Wednesday 13 June 2007

Day 16- Big mac fillet o' fish quarter pounder french fries...

Mmm. Been thinking a lot about junk food this morning. Which is scary because I know what they put in McNuggets. But they just taste so good. So I'm thinking about those joyous little bundles of white chickeny chemically-flavoured glue. Especially with bbq sauce.

On a better note, I bloody well forgot my gym towel last night, didn't I? So I'm in the changing rooms, looking in my bag for the towel, then the penny drops. I had a little Mick Jones moment- should I stay or should I go? I decided to be brave and workout in the oven/gym without a towel. That was interesting because I had to use their crappy paper towels. They are pointless and once they get wet they shred up. I didn't realise this of course until I saw myself in a mirror after working out on several machines. I had little bits of paper everywhere- I looked like my Grandad used to after a particularly clumsy shave (miss you Grandy). For some strange reason the boys left me alone. Can't figure out why. Sweaty wasn't there, and I have to say, I missed him a little bit. It's easy to develop a co-dependent relationship with your stalker, don't you find?

Oh, damn, had a minor set-back- well, okay it was devestating news at the gym. I've been entering in the wrong weight on the machines- about 20 pounds more than I really weigh- and only just realised. Don't blame me, it's all kilos over here. I hate metric. This sucks because according to the machines, the less you weigh, the more the calorie burn ratio decreases. No, plummets. No, muthafuckin' free-falls from 10,000 feet with no parachute. Here I thought I was all eye of the tiger burning 650-700 calories per workout. Hah! With the weight re-adjustment I am lucky to burn 350. No wonder skinny girls don't eat- they can't burn anything off at the gym. I guess if I was 115 pounds I'd have to work out for 2 hours to burn off a chip.

No comments: